Yang Hyun-joon started and played the full 45 minutes, while Oh Hyun-gyu came on as a second-half substitute in the 31st minute.

Celtic recorded a 2-1 win over Motherwell in the seventh round of the 2023-24 Scottish Premiership at Fir Park Stadium in Motherwell, Scotland, on Oct. 30 at 8:30 p.m. ET.

Celtic are back in the hunt for the league title this season. They’re off to a good start. Five wins and one draw in six league games (16 points). They’re unbeaten and have taken an early lead. The gap between them and their ‘rivals’ Rangers is already four points, and they have the perfect balance of goals scored and conceded.

Motherwell are also in great form. With three wins, one draw, and two losses in six league games (10 points), they’re in fourth place in the league. After an opening four-match unbeaten streak, they’ve lost their last two games and are in a bit of a slump. However, they are still a tough opponent to beat.

Celtic have announced their starting lineup ahead of the game. Based on a 4-3-3 formation, Furuhashi, Maeda, Yang, Hatate, O’Reilly, McGregor, Taylor, Scales, Lagerwielke, and Johnston made the starting lineup, with Bain pulling on the goalkeeping gloves. Oh was named on the bench. Against them, Motherwell utilized a 3-4-3 formation. Spittal, Bear, Slattery, Spencer, Peyton, Miller, O’Donnell, Casey, Mugabi, and McGinn started up front, with Kelly in goal.

Motherwell threatened Celtic right from the start, with Slattery picking up the ball on the right side of the box in the first minute but his shot was blocked by the defense. Celtic were on the counterattack. In the eighth minute, McGregor’s pass found Johnston with an audacious right-footed mid-range effort from outside the box that was blocked by the defense.

Celtic pushed forward. In the 16th minute, Yang picked up the ball on the right side of the box, cut back to the right side of the half-space and fired a left-footed shot over the bar. Celtic continued to press. In the 21st minute, O’Reilly’s cross was met by Scales in the box, but the ball went wide left of goal.

Yang Hyun-joon was the next to miss. In the 27th minute, McGregor’s cross was met by a header in the box, but it was not on target. As the midway point of the first half passed, Celtic were still in control of the game. In the 34th minute, McGregor’s pass set up Furuhashi for an audacious mid-range effort from outside the box that went wide of the target.

Motherwell responded with a quick counter-attack. In the 36th minute, Spittal’s pass found Peyton on the right side of the box, but his right-footed shot was saved by the keeper. There were no further chances and the first half ended 0-0.

Celtic had the first shot of the second half. Two minutes into the second half, Johnston’s cross found Taylor in the box for a volley, but the ball sailed over the bar. Celtic took the momentum. In the fifth minute of the second half, O’Reilly’s cross found Lagervielke in the box, but his header was blocked by the keeper.온라인카지노

Celtic continued to push for a goal. In the 10th minute of the second half, O’Reilly’s cross was met by Lagervielke’s header, but this time it was wide left of the goal. Motherwell hit back. In the 17th minute, O’Donnell’s cross found Baird in the box, but his right-footed shot was blocked by the keeper.

Celtic made a change. In the 31st minute, they took off Furuhashi, Hatate, and Maeda and brought on Oh, Turnbull, and Palma. Celtic dominated the attack for the remainder of the half. Palma had a mid-range shot in the 33rd minute and O’Reilly had a shot from inside the box in the 35th minute, but both were off target.

In the final minute of the second half, Celtic took the lead. In the 42nd minute, Palma found the back of the net for Motherwell after a pass from McGregor. With the victory in hand, Celtic conceded a late equalizer in stoppage time, only for O’Reilly to pull one back for a 2-1 victory.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *